Friday, November 11, 2005

In Limbo

Okay, so now things are in limbo. I've decided that the bus and I are not going to be friends. It's just not going to work out. When I tried to get the bus inspected for PA state safety inspection the mechanic told me he's amazed I didn't die driving back from Chicago. The brakes have some serious problems. That combined with lots of other minor issues for inspection and my continued discomfort even thinking about driving it, means that I've put the bus in storage to wait for the PA title and then sell it. I'm fine with that. Now I'm moving on to a new plan, but it involves waiting in limbo for another week plus.

At this point, I'm going to drive to Florida with my brother on November 20 or 21. We will be spending Thanksgiving with Turk and his girlfriend and her family, which sounds really cool. From there I will head out and spend a month (perhaps two) traveling the USA and Canada via train. Amtrak and ViaRail Canada offer a lovely thing called the North America Rail Pass, which will allow me to travel all over the place for one low price for 30 days. I'm very excited. My train trip from LA to Philly 5 years ago was one of the coolest experiences I've had and led to the development of a great friendship with two really amazing people. And that was only 3 days. Imagine the things that could happen in 30 days. SO FREAKIN' COOL!!!!

From there... is not entirely worked out yet. But, it'll get worked out over the course of the next 6 weeks. So, that's how things stand now. I'm not going to lie, I'm frustrated that things have not worked out entirely as planned. But, I'm beginning to get to a point in my life where I'm getting a little bit better (note the little bit) at taking these changes and trying to make the best of them and adapt. I'll admit I'm still not always totally great at it, but trust me, there are people who can tell you that I used to be much worse. I'm working on changing. Anyway, that's about it at the moment.

No comments: