Monday, August 14, 2006

Oh how I love living out west!


This picture was taken while hiking this past Sunday. This is Lake Mary, which is on the Brighton Ski resort property. This lake was maybe halfway into our hike. Yes, folks, that's right, I said "our". I finally had a hiking partner. Rich, who I've been emailing with from craigslist, emailed last week and we got together on Sunday. It was really great to have someone to hike with. Great conversation, pictures of myself hiking and someone to push me that extra mile.

We made it to the top of this peak. The only reason I went to the top of this peak is because Rich said "you can do it". I would have turned around long before this point. But, I am SO GLAD that I went. The view from the top of that peak was amazing. There will be a picture or two up on Flickr. I had such a great time on Sunday. At the top of the peak we met this really nice couple. The husband starts talking about this great way to get down without going back the way you came. It involved going down and then up and then down and then up another couple of ridges. Rich was all "let's go" and I'm of course "I'm going to die if I have to go up one more peak". So, I forget who came up with this idea, but it worked out well. Rich and the husband went his way and the wife and I went back the way we came. It made everyone happy. I had a nice time walking back with the wife. She gave me a great Utah native flower lesson. We reconnected with the guys about 80% of the way down the mountain.

After the hike we went over to Liberty Park and checked out the Sunday evening drum circle, I introduced Rich to bubble (boba) tea (he had never heard of it, totally shocking, I threw together some dinner at my place and Rich showed me some great line dancing websites (not country, pop). All in all it was a very fun day.

That's really all that's worth talking about lately. :) Work organized a big trip to Lagoon (a local amusement park, kinda like Dorney Park, only a lot smaller) last week. I went on my own and group hopped all afternoon. It was fun. They had a couple cool rides. Mostly I had a lot of fun seeing a lot of my coworkers families. It seems that 5 is the average number of kids for families out here. That's a lot more than I'm prepared to have. I'm impressed at the people who can coordinate that many.

Other than that, I am REALLY looking forward to August being over, because that means I get to go to back to Philly. Labor Day weekend folks. If anyone from Philly that doesn't already know about this reads this, let me know if you want to meet up. I am going to try my best to hang out with everyone who wants to hang out. I'm just really looking forward to seeing people and eating. There are a lot of food places that I miss a lot. Q'doba, August Moon, Fuji San (a.k.a. Royersford sushi), Paradise Pizza. I have not found replacements for these places here in Utah. The pizza is the worst out here. I have not found a single decent slice of pizza yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SUSHI!!!