Wednesday, November 14, 2018

College is interesting when you're old.

It's been a very long time since I posted on here, but I recently set off in yet another completely different direction, so I thought I'd try again to document the journey.  At the end of August this year I started as a full time student at Kutztown University.  I am a personal financial planning major, which will lead to an undergraduate degree and being able to take the Certified Financial Planner exam as soon as I finish school.  I sold my home and my son, Elliot, and I moved in with my mom.  The proceeds from selling my home will help pay for school. 

School is going well so far.  I'm taking Financial Accounting, Microeconomics, Statistics, and Industrial/Organizational Psychology.  I transferred two years worth of credits from various classes I've taken over the years, so I should be able to finish in another two years.  I've got my classes planned for the spring semester and I was able to get the schedule I hoped for. 

Classes have certainly been interesting with most of the students being MUCH younger than me.  I was talking with a group from my accounting class one day after class and they were all born the same year I graduated from high school.  There are definitely good and bad sides to it. 

I'll work on posting more, but this is just an introductory post on this latest askew adventure. 

No comments: